Part 1. Growing up I didn't have a middle name. If I had one, it would have been packrat. I hold on to everything. Its terrible. I have moved 9 times since I was 18 and every time I move... my stuff moves with me.
In the last few weeks I have felt the urge to clean it out, throw it away, donate it, and forget about it. I still have jean, t-shirts, shoes, and swim suits from high school. No they don't fit. Of course not....but they might someday.
I am ridiculous. So last week I cleaned out the closet and garage. I got rid of 5 boxes. It was so difficult because with each item I would hold it up, look at it, remember where I got it, when I wore it, who I was with ....
Its like I was having separation anxiety with my past and its not like I wanted my past back. I would complain to my mom (when I was younger) that I didn't have anything to wear. She would call me ridiculous and say I had a million things to wear. "You have more clothes in your closet than I do." But who's to say they even fit!
My point is, it felt so good to get rid of it. I still have more things to part with but I feel like I have made progress. And my former middle name doesn't just apply to clothes... but I'm working on that too.
On Saturday Everett and I walked down to the mailbox (thank goodness we finally got the key situation figured out!). We got the fall schedule of the classes they are offering at pierce college. One was:

And I was like, "boo-yeah grandma!" I'm one step ahead of the game!
In the last few weeks I have felt the urge to clean it out, throw it away, donate it, and forget about it. I still have jean, t-shirts, shoes, and swim suits from high school. No they don't fit. Of course not....but they might someday.
I am ridiculous. So last week I cleaned out the closet and garage. I got rid of 5 boxes. It was so difficult because with each item I would hold it up, look at it, remember where I got it, when I wore it, who I was with ....
Its like I was having separation anxiety with my past and its not like I wanted my past back. I would complain to my mom (when I was younger) that I didn't have anything to wear. She would call me ridiculous and say I had a million things to wear. "You have more clothes in your closet than I do." But who's to say they even fit!
My point is, it felt so good to get rid of it. I still have more things to part with but I feel like I have made progress. And my former middle name doesn't just apply to clothes... but I'm working on that too.
On Saturday Everett and I walked down to the mailbox (thank goodness we finally got the key situation figured out!). We got the fall schedule of the classes they are offering at pierce college. One was:
And I was like, "boo-yeah grandma!" I'm one step ahead of the game!
Part 2 of Grandma's cookie sheets.
With the help of the weekends, I finished the second 20x20 canvas I was painting.
And I know exactly what you are thinking. "Wow, you are good." But I stole the idea from a gift bag.
And it turns out that the gift bag looks way cooler in his room. So I guess that's just one more thing I'll have to hold on to.
Part 3. I follow this craft blog and yesterday she posted about a fundraiser for Juvenile Myositis. We can send homemade items to be auctioned off to help raise money and awareness. I immediately thought of this blanket I made for Everett before he was born.
But then I was like: "no, I made it for him. I need it. I can't give it away." Then I thought of the clutter clearing ad and decided I need to make room for new possibilities and miracles.
Plus, he's never even touched it... actually its been in his dresser this whole time so he's never seen it either. So I thought I would at least send that. I would send the canvas too, but shipping will probably cost more than it could be auctioned for. But who knows how long I'll hold on to it if I don't send it. Maybe I'll send it because I don't want to turn into a grandma too soon and keep EVERYTHING!