Skip to main content

Motherly Woes

I'm going through a weird phase and I can't seem to post about anything anymore. Writing about the happenings in my life had been almost a daily routine (for about 3 years) until we decided that we were going to move to AZ. I couldn't say anything due to the nature of the beast so I just wrote less.... and less and less until now. Writing always makes me feel better so I'm not sure why I've been so negligent lately.

So, for my own sake, I would like to catch up. The biggest thing on my mother-mind right now is potty training. I didn't read any books or ask anyone for advice... I just put Everett in a pair of undies (once I knew that he understood "where pee comes from") and started taking him outside to pee in the rocks every hour. It worked wonders and I was so pleased that my child was successfully being potty trained before he even learned to talk.


Then I started taking him out to the rocks every two hours and he was staying dry. I took him to the store, the park, church, the aquarium and the mall all in undies and took him to use the public restrooms there. He did really good and sometimes it took a little bribery, but he did it and never wet his pants. Some days I would ask him if he wanted to keep his undies on for his nap and he said "yes" and would stay dry.

He has never gone poo in the toilet... always in his undies, but honestly I'm just happy that he's going seeing all of the trouble we've gone through with his little pooper.

Things had been going really well for about 3 weeks but then he started rebelling and as of today he is completely back in diapers. He wet his pants all day yesterday... refusing to go outside or use the toilet. Today he went twice this morning like usual and then every time he had to go after that he just cried/whined/acted weird and danced and ran around in circles but refused to let even his pee go unless he was wearing a diaper. So back in diapers he is. Even with diapers on he will dance and run in circles and I have to remind him that he can go pee in his diaper before he does.

Things were going so well and I was excited that he might be potty trained before he was 2 1/2 (which will be at the end of November) but now I have no idea what will happen. I'm pretty bummed about it. I guess it's time to go to the library and check out some books on how to potty train your little boy who refuses to talk, knows when he has to go, can hold it for a very long time, but refuses to go without a diaper! I'm pretty sure he is one of the most stubborn people I know. Smart but stubborn.