Skip to main content

Dear Journal... Ahhhhh Freak Out!

Dear Journal,

I don't know how women do it. You know, be pregnant and raise families without feeling like they're going to die any second!


I have failed to teach Everett how to play by himself and entertain himself so he still needs my constant attention. Jake has been home once before 7:30 pm in the last 8 working days AND worked half of last Saturday. Everett only naps occasionally, I have NO energy, I still feel sick, I freak out if I don't feel her moving, if I lay down I have heartburn, Jake snores, I can't sleep, I have no idea what we'll do with Everett when I go into labor, I am so huge that it hurts to move, I can pretty much feel my skin ripping, Everett ate cereal for dinner while watching A Bug's Life, I feel guilty about the amount of TV he watches, I bribe him with cookies and chocolate milk... and much, much more.

No matter how good my day is, by 4:30 I am done. Jake asks me how I'm doing every night when he gets home and the only thing I can say is: "I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore"

I've read every birth story I can get my hands on. I'm looking forward to labor and delivery. I seriously feel like it will be better than being pregnant... that's how bad I want to be done. I'm soooooo looking forward to holding our baby girl on the outside of my body. I can't wait.

But soon it will all be over and I'll have a whole new set of emotions to deal with.

~Tyrell