The kids were on Spring Break for the first two weeks of "Coronavirus". We had 7 guests the first week but I didn't manage to take any pictures. Well, I took this one, but it doesn't prove they were here :)
After they left, we played with friends. It was a little rainy with cooler weather while they were here. It reminded me of real Spring weather... hot one minute and then shivering the next 😂
Before the "major quarantine" we were able to get our oil changed, eat Bahama Bucks & bring Jake lunch one day. While I was getting out of the car to bring Jake his lunch, somehow I slammed my thumb shut in the car door. I had to re-open the door to get my thumb out 😢
It hurt SUPER bad but I could still move it. The kids and I went to the park, Everett and I played basketball... it hurt really bad but it was still somewhat functional. By that night it started to swell and their was a lot of blood under my nail.
I had to poke/burn holes in my nail to get the blood out. Its was SO SWOLLEN that I couldn't bend it or move it at all for a few days.
It's still purple and a little swollen (still a little tender) but at least it can bend and function now 🙌
A week later we had 6 more guests. This time it was my youngest sister Bridget, her fiancé Jonah, and Jonah's littler sister from Utah. Mom, Time, and Braxton also came for the weekend because Bridget was picking out her wedding dress. But again, I failed to take many pictures.
It's like when one comes, they all come! I was thinking about getting one of these "guest sign-in" books just to document how frequently we have company :)
The neighbors have been over A LOT. We pretty much have a shared household. I truly am grateful that we have them as neighbors because the girls play so well (and so much) together. The days would seem even longer if we didn't have them.
The third week home wasn't tooooooo bad but I would have preferred if the kids were able to go back to school. They are ready to. They miss their friends and teachers and school routine.
Their teachers e-mailed a few things that the kids could do, but it was optional and wouldn't be graded. Starting tomorrow they will do online learning. We aren't totally sure how it's going to work out but it's better than nothing.
I've played some math games with them, had them do worksheets, asked them to do reading time, flash cards, etc but it's just not the same.
We have gone to all the parks and have spent so much time outdoors (which I LOVE!!). Some of our friends aren't comfortable with the idea of being outside of their house (and especially playing with other kids), so we have very limited interaction with others.
We definitely don't feel like we are invincible so we keep our distance from others and wash constantly.
With the gym being closed, I have spent some time looking up workouts on Instagram. Thankfully Everett was willing to do a couple of them with me and be my "personal trainer" on another.
One of the workouts was a fun one with rolls of toilet paper. It was such a fun workout and Everett loved it!... but then leave it up to the girls to make messes! With the TP shortage, we gathered up all the TP and put it in bags to use in case we run out!
I spent some time getting more organized and prepared for the kids to do "art class" and "P.E." at home. I cleaned out Breckie's drawers and closet and found lots of treasures!
I think we are all doing pretty good... probably because we are wishing/hoping it will be over sooner than later. I did go to Target yesterday to buy some storage containers and started to feel overwhelmed/disappointed/angry.
Overwhelmed at how much this has changed EVERYTHING.
Disappointed in humanity a little bit. Why do people feel the need to hoard all the essentials??
Angry because so many simple freedoms have been taken away. We weren't even trusted (as Target shoppers) to stay 6 feet away from each other at checkout so we were filed into specific lines with red dots on where we could stand.
I understand all of the precautions we all need to take but it just felt strange.
I understand all of the precautions we all need to take but it just felt strange.



















