Skip to main content

Easter Blues

Easter morning the kids woke up to find the Easter bunny brought them baskets and big presents. 


Roxy has mastered her scoot bike so she was ready for one with pedals. 
Breckie as been asking for a bike for a long time. She had a smaller one for a while but NEVER rode it. So she gave it to the neighbor. Now she wants a bike but the one she gave away is too small. 
Everett has suddenly shows some major skill in baseball and was looking forward to getting a real bat and some baseball gear. 


Easter morning was fun. It was super cute to see them all dig through their baskets. 


When they went downstairs they found that the Easter bunny had hid eggs all over the house. I think we only have another year of magic before it gets spoiled :)


We had church and our Easter lesson in the living room, because, you know, quarantine. 

The kids were so excited to play with their gifts. So we went to the neighborhood park where Roxy mastered petaling quickly and Breckie totally blew me away with how quickly she learned to ride her new bike. She kind-of knew how from before but disliked it and got too frustrated. 


Everett is really loving baseball a lot. So far he hasn't played with anyone but us, but he improves every time. 


After a while at the park, we came home and frosted the carrot cupcakes Breckie and I made the day before. 


Then the pool happened. The kids have been swimming a lot lately and the water is still pretty chilly!


All day the weather was bliss! It was absolutely perfect. 


We tried to decorate our Easter cookies that we made the day before. I think we did pretty good for our first time with royal icing. 


Jake made some pretty goofy bunnies on accident 😅


And dinner. Dinner was a HUGE flop for how much time and energy went into making it. (Or maybe I just feel like everything is a huge flop right now. This whole corona virus has me feeling very blue lately.)


Jake, very sweetly, peeled the eggs 😂, our ham was barely edible, the scalloped potatoes were good(ish), the brusselsprouts were as dry as cardboard, nobody ate the deviled eggs but me...


...but at least the homemade coconut cream pie was good. 


I felt like I put WAY too much effort into cooking for the way it turned out. I ended the day feeling a little disappointed. The kids weren't very cooperative during my Easter lesson that morning and I felt like most of my homemade items were failures. I feel like I didn't nail anything today except being the Easter bunny and I couldn't even take credit for that!

So I laid on the carpet feeling defeated and played solitaire on my phone.

Lesson #1 It's okay.
#2 Everything is going to be fine
#3 It doesn't really matter
#4 lower your expectations
#5 no one even cares but me