It's almost been a week since I got my abs sewn together.
I had the surgery last Friday and my first follow up on Tuesday.
I always wondered how I acquired a golf ball-ish sized wad of stretch mark-y skin to the right of my belly button. My surgeon told me at my follow up that I didn't have any abs for two inches to the right of my belly button and an inch to the left (and they were really stretched out everywhere else).
He tried his best to repair them.
It ABSOLUTELY kills to sneeze or cough. It BURNS and hurts SO BADLY!
Also, it's impossible to try and sit up without them burning.... so I kind-of roll to the side and stand up once my feet are on the ground.
I can't stand up straight yet... this is as good as it gets for now :)
I feel like I'm doing pretty good though. I've been reading and trying really hard to rest. But today I got a little stir crazy and walked upstairs and cleaned Roxy's room. She's been sick so I washed her bedding and cleaned up all of the toys and messes. It pretty much killed.
At Roxy's request, Jake got the Halloween decorations down from the garage attic.
It kept her busy for a few hours until she was furious with me for cleaning up her messes. She pouted herself into a nap and still woke up angry.
I feel like I've been doing super good but today I'm really feeling ready for everyone to be healthy. Breckie was sick from the Wednesday we left for Bridget's wedding till the next Wednesday. She went to school Thursday & Friday and now Roxy and Everett have been home sick (different sickness symptoms than Breckie) since Monday.
I'm just kind-of feeling the burn, ya know!?


