Skip to main content

A Trip to the Mountains

Bridget graduated BYU on Thursday... but since graduation isn't in real life these days, my mom and I came to UT to celebrate. But I am SUPER lame and didn't gift her anything... it was more of a gift-trip to ME that she graduated 😁 #thanksbridget

They picked me up from the airport and we headed to Park City... our destination for the next two nights.


We settled in to our hotel and then ate at Slap Fish. It was delish!

We perused Homegoods, bought treats at Whole Foods and then ended the night in the hot tub. 

The next morning we headed to Midway. I'd never been to Park City, Midway or Heber so it was fun to see them for the first time.
We checked out some local thrift stores and drove around the towns a bit. 
Midway is super charming and I didn't want to leave.  

I mean, who would want to leave a town that has Swiss names like Zermatt and Interlaken... the two places we stayed on our trip to Switzerland summer of 2019. 



We stopped for an impromptu hike. It was a great day for a hike. I think the high was only 45. 
The hike we went on was ideal for mountain biking and I vowed to come back someday and mountain bike it!


iPhone pictures don't capture the mountains quite the same way you see them in real life, but I was enjoying the views!


We convinced Bridget to walk downtown Park City with us. It was exceptionally chilly out but my mom and I hadn't ever been.


It was quite charming! I thoroughly enjoyed the brisk walk around downtown. We stopped in a bookstore... my favorite. I always find cool things... like how Mt. Rainier is ACTUALLY Tahoma. 


I also found a page on Carlsbad Caverns. I went there with my dad as a kid and have always remembered it. I've been thinking of taking our family there!



I found a couple books I want to read and then spent the rest of our time taking ridiculous selfies. 









It was only a little bit embarrassing for Bridget 😉




The next morning we went to church in Park City and then took the scenic route through Provo canyon down into the valley. 

Again, I feel like this was more of a trip for me than Bridget... I told her I'd never seen the new Provo temple, so we went. 



It is BEAUTIFUL! I have always loved downtown provo and the fact that it now has a temple is even better. Plus the trees were blooming and the weather was amazing. 




We eventually made our way to Lehi where we were staying for the next two nights. 

Bridget worked on Monday so my mom and I went antiquing in Springville and then to walk near Bridal veil falls. 




My mom is a GREAT sport and traipsed up and down the trail with me. #gomom!
I called her Grammy all weekend and she kept getting mad at me 😊


We walked about 5 miles and I was LOVING every step of the way. 
I feel so happy in the mountains and I just love Utah!
The views were amazing and the food was just as good. 


When I got home, I had the sweetest note waiting for me on my nightstand! 
Breckie is such a little sweetheart!!


The next day I saw a license plate that TOTALLY translates to "Utah Mountains" 😉


And the pink spoon.... well, Roxy last it all out and says "It's George Washington!"

Ha! It was so fun to go to Utah and play around with my mom and Bridget and it was so fun to come back home to my people! Jake always does a surprise project when I'm gone and this time he completely organized the garage just the way we were dreaming. 

It's storage, it's a garage, it's a gym, it's a woodshop, it's a dirt bike showroom... it's all the things and it's all done perfectly!