In the act of juggling life and all that I want to get out of it, the blogging ball got dropped. And that's ok. Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and 6th grade for my kids might just have to exist only in their memory because I didn't do a very good job at documenting it. I've been busy this last year (I mean, I did only post 6 times 😅) moving again, establishing ourselves again, raising kids, etc but this year has brought a lot of opportunity for emotional growth. It's been a lot to sort out and experience and I don't really know if I'd want that experience heavily documented or to have accessible to the general public.... however few might stumble upon it.
I think the best option I have is to just start back up where life is now and catch up on important things as I'm able.
The second half of August marked the beginning of school. Everett started 7th grade/middle school. He's been reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid since the 2nd grade and has been excitedly looking forward to his middle school adventures.
He grew SO much in 6th grade. I think that's pretty normal but it's eye-opening to see as a parent how quickly change/growth can happen. Not only is he taller than me, he's also grown more socially than I was expecting. Everett and I have a really great relationship. I'm really happy about it!
A few days later the girls had their first day.
Roxy started full-day 1st grade and Breckie is now a 4th grader.
Roxy is adorable. A little shy/standoffish, sassy, nice, sweet, goofy, and totally infatuated by a little boy named Gus. They were in the same kindergarten class and played together a few times this summer... but she's officially made the connection in her mind between her and Gus being the same as boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife. She's just really into him! She's always played Barbies as Barbie/Ken, mom/dad, family, pregnancy, babies, etc. She's very much wired that way.
Breckie is much less of a nurturer. In fact, we had to move Everett's "room" down into the unfinished basement so that the girls each had their own room. Breckie was being super mean, rude, selfish, impatient etc with Roxy and I was experiencing so much grief about it. A lot of "get out of my room" "don't touch my stuff" "go away" type of things things when they shared their room.
So don't let that side-hug fool you! Breckie ALWAYS has the neighbor girls over or is having a friend sleep over. She is super social and accommodating to her friends... so at least I know she's capable of being nice! (Breckie will be nice to Roxy when she has confirmed that their is no one else to play with.)
She also has separation anxiety still (it first became apparent and a really big problem in 1st grade). All of her friends play here and sleep here because she gets too nervous to be away.
And that's a kid/school re-cap. We did a lot of fun things this summer... hopefully I'll get to some of them soon!